Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday mornings are better with (gluten free) blueberry pancakes

Good morning and happy Easter, happy Spring, happy Everything!

I really am going to try to be better at blogging (i.e., more than once a year) as I have so many new recipes to share. My husband and I have been in the Microbiome Diet for about 8 weeks and we feel great. So much so, it is now our food plan, not a diet per se. More on that in another blog.

I do get a hankering for bread, brownies or pancakes every now and again. I especially like pancakes while enjoying the Sunday Morning show. I am experimenting with gluten free options and I tried this recipe today. I was quite pleased!

I wish I had taken photos along the way, but I didn't think about blogging until now. Honestly, the recipe is so easy that you don't need pics. 😉
Try them out and let me know how you like them!
Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
(Makes about 12 4" pancakes)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur brand)
  • ¼ cup gluten free oatmeal (I used Red Mill)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon roasted flaxseed (optional, I used Trader Joe's)
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons REAL maple syrup (or Lakanto Monkfruit sweetner or honey.)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla f
  • ¼ cup unsweetened apple butter (I happened to have some but you can also use unsweetened applesauce. You could even add Greek yogurt)
  • 1 cup coconut milk (I used Silk brand; or you can use almond or cashew milk)
  • 1/2 banana mashed with a fork
  • Maine Blueberries (about 1/2 cup, or to your liking. If you aren't lucky enough to have Maine bloobs, you can add any others)
Instructions
  1. Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat on the stovetop.
  2. Preheat oven to 150 -200 (just to keep the plates and pancakes warm)
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and flaxseed.
  4. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, apple butter,  banana and milk. Whisk about 15 seconds just to get the large lumps combined. Gently stir in blueberries. 
  5. Spray griddle with canola oil or grease with a little coconut oil. Add about ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake.
  6. Cook for about 2 minutes ( or until you start to see a few bubbles) and flip. Cook for another 1 - 2 minutes.
  7. Remove from the griddle, and keep warm or serve up directly on your preheated plates!

Top with a little organic butter, a few more blueberries and a little more real Maple syrup. (Promise me you will away from the other stuff that is full of high fructose corn syrup).

Enjoy!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment